- Friday 10 October 2014
Seven hundred thousand dollars for the continued construction works at Sippy Downs Drive and $290,000 for works on the Buderim Village Park master plan are just two of the local items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 6.
Division 6 Councillor Christian Dickson said council will continue its focus on delivering for local communities despite tighter financial circumstances during the 13/14 budget year.
“This budget will continue to support many grass-root projects through the endorsed $109 million capital works program,” Cr Dickson said.
A selection of these projects includes:
- Staged design and work on Ballinger Park, Buderim $390,000
- Elizabeth Daniels Sport Complex, Buderim detailed design and staged works $300,000
- Renewal of play equipment Chancellor Village Park $20,000
- Karawatha Drive, Mountain Creek drainage works $75,000
- Path, kerb and channel works on King Street, Buderim $105,000
- Improvements to tidal flushing on Saratoga Drive, Mountain Creek Lakes $47,000
“Council has made, and will continue to make, the appropriate budgetary adjustments with the community’s best interests at the forefront of all decision making processes,” Cr Dickson said.
“We are getting the fundamental right; reducing debt and increasing cash. Balancing the books allows us to repay our loans and invest in infrastructure for growth.”
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit the council's website.