- Tuesday 06 September 2011
A number of Caloundra organisations will have more opportunities to kick major goals thanks to Sunshine Coast Council’s Community Partnership Funding and Sports Field Maintenance Programs.
One hundred and twenty seven Sunshine Coast groups and organisations will receive a total of $1,131,190 in funding from council over the next three years under the Community Partnership Funding Program. Forty seven local sporting clubs will also receive a total of $564,330 under the new Sports Field Maintenance Funding Program.
Division 2 Councillor Tim Dwyer said eight Caloundra groups would receive funding for between one and three years under the Community Partnership Funding Program, while seven sporting clubs would receive funding under the Sports Field Maintenance Program.
All of these Caloundra-based organisations are deserved recipients of funding under these two terrific programs," he said.
"The Community Partnership Funding Program provides up to three years funding towards the operational expenses of local organisations and is open to incorporated community organisations that make a significant contribution to the Sunshine Coast Community."
"In addition to funding, these successful organisations will also receive additional support from council to help build their capacity for good governance and sustainable practises."
The following organisations in Division 2 will receive funding under council’s Community Partnership Funding Program.
- Friends of Caloundra Lighthouses - $4,300 (1 year)
- Night Eyes Association Inc - $18,663 (3 years)
- Caloundra Mallet Sports Club Inc - $6,000 (3 years)
- Caloundra Contract Bridge Club Inc - $2,775 (3 years)
- Caloundra Tennis Association Inc - $6,500 (3 years)
- Caloundra City Boxing Association - $1,500 (3 years)
- Caloundra Oztag Sports Association Inc - $1,500 (3 years)
- Caloundra Seahawks Hockey Club Inc - $1,000 (1 year)
The following sporting clubs in Division 2 will receive funding for the next three years under council’s Sports Field Maintenance Funding Program:
- Caloundra Junior Rugby Union Club - $9,394
- Caloundra Junior Rugby League Club - $14,091
- Caloundra branch Little Athletics Inc - $4,627
- Caloundra City Soccer Club - $11,743
- Caloundra junior Australian Football Club - $4,627
- Caloundra Cricket Club Inc - $18,508
- Caloundra Senior Rugby League Football Club - $7,046
Cr Dwyer said the Sport Field Maintenance Funding Program would provide 70% of the field maintenance costs of clubs that were approved for funding.
"These seven sporting clubs will receive just over $210,000 in total between them over the next three years and this will play a very important role in helping them raise the standard of their playing fields to district level," he said.
"Council will also work with these successful clubs to help develop a maintenance agreement and sound maintenance practises to ensure their facilities stay at a high standard."