- Friday 28 August 2009
From growing your own veggies to writing a winning resume, Sunshine Coast Libraries will celebrate Adult Learners Week with a variety of free events and workshops from 31 August to 7 September.
The events will be held at Caloundra, Maroochydore, Coolum, Noosa and Beerwah libraries and include the ‘Green Steps’ workshops that provide practical tips and tricks on learning to live more sustainably.
- Basic Backyard Permaculture - Caloundra Library - 31 August, 10-11.30am; Noosa Library - 2 September, 10-11.30am; Maroochydore Library - 4 September, 10-11.30am.
Want to grow your own veggies but don’t know where to start? Come to the beginners design workshop and learn important design topics for garden beds, water catchment, soil building with compost and warm farms and much more.
- Living Smart - Coolum Library - 1 September, 10-10.30am; Caloundra Library - 3 September, 10-10.30am.
Learn how you can help tackle climate change by making your house more sustainable.
- Recycling workshop - Coolum Library – 2 September, 10-11am
Learn what can and can’t go into the yellow lid recycling bin and discover why the Coast’s Resource Recovery Centre is much more than just an old dump.
- Worm farming and composting - Noosa Library – 2 September, 2-4pm; Beerwah Library – 4 September, 10am-12 noon.
Worms have the potential to help divert about half of our region’s waste from going to landfill. Learn how to create your own worm farm and how to create nutrient-rich soil through composting.
- Holistic Living: It’s never too late to change! Caloundra Library – 2 September, 2-3pm
Learn how to apply the Buddhist principles outlined in Eckhart Tolle’s best-selling books “The Power of Now”, “The New Earth” and “The Flowering of Human Consciousness”.
- Internet scams and computer safety - Caloundra Library – 7 September, 10am
Find out more about internet security issues and how you can protect yourself and others. Includes tips on making your computer safe, information about cyber bullying, personal fraud and scams and some great free net education sites for young people.
- Writing a winning resume – Caloundra Library – 7 September, 2-3.30pm
Give yourself the best of chance of job success by learning tips and tricks on writing and presenting a winning resume.
Book your free spot by contacting your local library.
Further details on the libraries’ program of events for Adult Learning Week can be found on the ‘Calendar of Events’ on council’s website.