- Tuesday 13 May 2008
Photo opportunity: Sunshine Coast seniors will have the opportunity to participate in belly dancing and tai chi demonstrations at this year’s Older Learners Expo (OLE) at the Kawana Library and Community Hall on Wednesday 14 May from 10am.
They will also be entertained with a fashion parade courtesy of Katies, and performances by The Edge Waters, Bev Gourlay, and Sam and Lucy.
This year features short talks and demonstrations on topics such as reconnective healing and computing for grandparents, and exhibits by the Crime Prevention Unit, Heart Foundation, Caloundra Lace Makers, and Sunshine Coast Computer Club.
Organised by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council, Regional Director Community Services Lisbet Dean, encourages older residents to participate in the event.
“The annual Older Learners Expo introduces Sunshine Coast seniors to fun, interesting and creative possibilities that they may not be aware are available to them.” said Lisbet.
With more than fifty community groups participating, the free expo continues to grow in both size and popularity. In its fifth year, the expo has been themed ‘Anything Goes’ – a song from an old musical with the same name.
- 9am – Stella
- 10am – Official opening
- 10:30am – Edgewater Singers
- 11am – Bev Gourlay & Kawana Toastmasters demonstration
- 11:30am – Tap Katz & belly dancing workshop
- 12pm – Fashion Parade
- 12:15pm – Reconnective healing presentation
- 12:45pm – Lucy and Sam, & ‘Banking for seniors’ presentation
- 1pm – 60’s and Better Belly Dancers
- 1:15pm – ‘Making technology work for you’ – computer workshop
- 1:30 – Tai Chi demonstration
For more information contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 5420 8200.