- Thursday 26 May 2016
The annual Sunshine Coast Business Awards (SCBA) which celebrate the efforts and achievements of the Sunshine Coast business community were officially launched on Wednesday night at Novotel Twin Waters Resort.
Supported by Sunshine Coast Council as a platinum sponsor, the awards are designed to recognise the efforts and achievements of businesses across the Sunshine Coast who shine in their industry.
Community and staff members are urged to nominate someone they think has stood out from the crowd as a leading local business. Individuals and business owners may also self-nominate.
The 2016 awards include a range of categories including business sector awards, tourism sector awards, excellence awards for key aspects of business performance, an overall business of the year, individual awards, and the prestigious Hall of Fame.
Acting Mayor Cr Tim Dwyer, who helped to officially launch the 2016 awards, said council was honoured to have been a partner of the Sunshine Coast Business Awards in various capacities since their inception 22 years ago.
“Our strong record of partnership was enhanced six years ago when Council took on a leading role by signing on as a platinum sponsor,” Cr Dwyer said.
“These Business Awards, which highlight the best and most innovative businesses we have in our region, have become the largest of their type in regional Australia.
“They are undoubtedly our region’s premier business honours program with an impressive performance track record of identifying and highlighting our highest achievers.
“It’s very heartening that the awards now consistently receive around 400 nominations per annum from across the region.
We are seeing more nominees each year, particularly beyond the central zone of the Coast as our regional economy continues to develop in new areas.”
Online nominations will open at midnight on May 25 for all businesses that have been operating on the Sunshine Coast for 12 months or more.
SC Awards fast facts:
- The SCBA nomination process takes just minutes to complete. Businesses can self-nominate or nominate a business of their choice at www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au
- The awards can be found at www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au and include:
- Building & Manufacturing (including Clean Tech and Aviation)
- Creative Industries
- Education & Training
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Wellbeing
- Professional Services (Knowledge Workers and Small Business - this would include Clean Tech and Aviation)
- Professional Services (Large Businesses and Consultancies)
- Retail (including Clean Tech & Aviation)
- Social Enterprise
- Technology ( Including Clean Tech and Aviation)
- Festivals & Events
- Customer Service & Engagement
- Social Responsibility
- Employee of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Outstanding Business Person of the Year
- In 2015, SCBA attracted hundreds of nominations. The process culminated in a presentation gala dinner with close to 600 guests in attendance.
- Opportunities to sponsor the Awards are still available.
- Nominations open: May 26
- Enter online: www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au
- Entries close: September 22
- Winners announced: November 12 at the SCBA Gala Dinner Event