- Tuesday 27 July 2010
Applications for Sunshine Coast Council’s September Community Grants round open 29 July 2010 and, for the first time, can be completed online.
This financial year, council plans to contribute around $3 million to the community through its grants funding programs.
Council staff are available to work with community groups to help them access grants funding.
Mayor Bob Abbot said the Grants Program was a great mechanism to assist the community in the delivery of great projects.
“The grants program is a strategic investment tool, assisting the community to meet and respond to council’s priorities and vision as outlined in its Corporate Plan,” said Cr Abbot.
“Council’s financial support stimulates a range of diverse and dynamic projects, producing valuable outcomes which encourage engagement and participation in the community."
“Together we can work towards achieving great things for the future of the Sunshine Coast region.”
To find out more about the Grants Program and the assistance that is being offered to help make applying easier, sign up for a community workshop, information session or grant application clinic, running throughout August and September, in a range of locations around the region.
Applications for the September grants round close 15 September 2010.
Community workshops will cover topics such as management, promotion, planning and finance. (Bookings are required). Session details are as follows:
- Wed 4 August, 10am – 12.30pm – Cooroy Library (Booked out)
- Sat 7 August, 10am-12.30pm – Lake Kawana Community Centre
- Mon 9 August, 6pm-8.30pm – Nambour Community Centre
- Thurs 12 August, 10am-12.30pm – Maleny Neighbourhood Centre
Information sessions (no bookings required) will help applicants gain concise information about how to successfully apply for council funding online. Information on State Sport & Recreation Grants will also be available. Details as follows:
- Tues 17 August, 10am – 11am - Peregian Beach Community House
- Wed 18 August, 2pm – 3pm – Beerwah Library
- Thurs 19 August, 6pm – 7pm – Maroochydore Library
Grant application clinics allow applicants the chance to sit for a one-on-one 30-minute session with a council officer to gain support in completing their draft online application. Bookings are required. Clinics are running on the following days:
- Tues 24 August, 9.30am – 7pm – Nambour Library
- Thurs 26 August, 10am – 7pm – Caloundra Library
- Mon 30 August, 10am – 5pm – Noosa Library
- Tues 31 August, 9.30am – 6pm – Coolum Library
- Thurs 2 September, 9.30am – 7pm – Maroochydore Library
- Tues 7 September, 9.30am – 7pm – Nambour Library