- Tuesday 13 January 2015
Sunshine Coast Council has endorsed more than $415,000 in community grants to support a range of exciting projects which will benefit communities across the region including a number set to take place within Division 1.
Division 1 Councillor Rick Baberowski said he was pleased council was able to assist such a diversity of local community groups in the latest funding round.
“From mens sheds to sporting associations, seven groups from Division 1 will receive more than $40,000 from council’s Community Grants Program,” Cr Baberowski said.
“I know that these funds are very much appreciated by our community groups and will make a big difference in our communities.”
A snapshot of other exciting projects awarded funding in Division 1 include:
- Suncoast Hinterland Softball Association Inc - $7,500 for improved sports field drainage
- Glasshouse Country Mens Shed Inc - $4,991 for a community garden
- Rotary Club of Caloundra Inc - $5,000 for a youth driver awareness program
- IFYS Ltd - $15,000 for Re@l Art
- Beerwah Grafx U3A Group - $3,499 for laptop for teaching photo and video editing
- Glasshouse and Districts Little Athletics Centre Inc - $5,819 for a food preparation bench
- Glasshouse Mountains Touch Football Association - $4,000 for completion line marking.
Council’s community grants support local communities across seven categories with the inclusion of a new Community Facilities category – this round of funding includes:
- $93,292 for community development
- $154,744 for community facilities
- $63,465 for cultural development
- $11,109 for cultural heritage
- $17,500 for economic development
- $14,650 for festive season activities
- $60,547 for sport, recreation and healthy living.
Projects funded this round from council’s major grants are expected to generate up to $3 million in community benefit, involving hundreds of dedicated volunteers.
The next major grant round will open on February 1 and close on March 16, 2015. Applicants can apply for projects up to $30,000. Council officers can assist with the application process, technical queries, project development, grant writing tips and advice on other funding sources outside Council.
For details on the range of council funding programs and other handy information on grant writing tips and funding opportunities visit council’s website.