- Thursday 25 August 2011
September is full of great activities for kids and informative events for adults at Sunshine Coast Council’s Coolum Beach library.
- A Justice of the Peace is available in the library between 9.30am and 12 noon every Wednesday of the month. Don’t forget to bring you ID.
- Storytime is a weekly session for children aged 5 and under. Come along and listen to stories read by the library staff. Every Thursday 9.30am to 10am.
- Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Services display. Find information about the services and support for people in rental accommodation from 31 August to 10 September.
- Enduring power of attorney – a legal talk by a representative of the Suncoast Community Legal Service who will describe the process for appointing an Enduring Power of Attorney and suggest ways to help safeguard your self against potential abuse by attorneys. Wednesday 7 September at 2.30pm.
- ECO ART - weeds are used in an art workshop where participants learn the art of dyeing silk with weeds whilst learning about the threat of weeds to our natural environment. Thursday 8 September 9am – 12 noon.
- Pir-arrt workshop with cartoonist Phil Judd. Learn the ‘arrrt’ of drawing pirate characters during your school holidays. Add all the props to create a pirate world of ships, treasure chests, parrots, cutlasses and walking the plank. For kids aged 8 to 12 on Thursday 22 September 3.30pm to 5pm
- Everyone’s got a bottom – we want our children to feel positive about themselves and to know it is their right to be safe. The month of September highlights Child Protection Week and Family Planning Queensland (FPQ) is helping parents and carers have those tricky conversations with their children about being safe and developing self protection skills. Tuesday 13 September 10am to 11.30am.
Call the Coolum Beach library on 5343 2000 to book into our workshops.