- Tuesday 08 May 2012
What: 2012 Cooroy Fusion Festival
When: Saturday 12 May from 9am to 4pm
Where: Maple Street, Cooroy
Only a few days to go until Cooroy’s biggest free, family, fun festival begins.
The inaugural celebration of culture, art, environment, markets, food and music, Cooroy Fusion – taking place at Mill Place this Saturday 12 May from 9am to 4pm – has a trump card: Asa Broomhall.
The internationally renowned rock, folk and blues performer will headline the festival with support from the best new artists on the Coast.
Cooroy Fusion offers so many opportunities to connect with the community through music, markets, workshops, food, literature and sport.
There really is something for everyone. A few of the key highlights include:
- 9am to 11am - Noosa District High School performance
- 9am to noon – Fusion Film Festival
- 9am to noon – Free Face Painting
- 9 am to 1pm - Artists Market
- 9am to 4pm – Fusion Food Festival and Markets
- 10am to 4pm - The 2012 National Year of Reading Touring Exhibition Are we there yet?
- Noon to 3.30pm – Acoustic Fusion includes performances by local Asa Broomhall and youth talents of He Said She Said, Andrew Redford and Afterglow.
To ensure everyone can attend and have a stress free time there will be a free ‘Park and Ride’ shuttle bus operating from 9am to 4pm to help people visit all areas on the day. The bus will run in a continual 20 minute circuit from the Cooroy Railway Station stopping at Cooroy State School, Emerald Street, the Scout Den, the Lower Mill site, Cooroy Library and the RSL Memorial Hall.
To add to the exciting program of events, the Cooroy Wood and Craft Show and the Noosa District Orchid and Foliage Society Mother’s Day Show will also be held on the same day.
For Cooroy Fusion information and to make bookings for workshops, please call Cooroy Library on 5454 9000 or visit the council’s website.