- Tuesday 16 February 2016
Property owners across the Sunshine Coast have until Friday to secure up to $100 in early bird payment discounts on their general rates.
Rates notices were posted and emailed to 130,000 properties in mid-January.
Ratepayers can save 5% on their general rates, up to a maximum of $100 each six months, by paying before the Friday, February 19 due date.
A range of convenient payment options are available including online, BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post or at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres or by mail.
For ratepayer convenience, a regular direct debit can be set up to have rates paid in full by the due date.
In keeping with Council’s vision to become more sustainable, ratepayers can now register to receive their rates notice by email. Simply go to MyCouncil, log on to mycouncil.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number from their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date are encouraged to enter into an arrangement to pay their current rates by instalments. Ratepayers can complete an online application on council’s website or phone council’s customer service centre.
For any rates inquiries, email council at email@example.com or telephone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
FACT BOX – HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
- Online payment – available 24/7 through council’s website (follow the Online Payments link on the homepage)
- Customer Contact Centres – pay in person from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of rates notice)
- Mail – pay using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560
- BPAY - if registered with your financial institution
- Phone 131 816 - from anywhere in Australia using a credit card
- Australia Post – pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS