- Monday 15 March 2010
Easter break is just around the corner and Sunshine Coast Council is offering a full program of activities to nourish young bodies and minds.
From percussion to puppetry to picture books, council is planning a feast of events for children from 1 to 12 April. Here’s just a small sample of what’s on offer:
- Caloundra Library 8 April, 10am: Bee Happy Puppet show, combining the magic of ventriloquism, puppetry, comedy and music – this is quality family entertainment.
- Kawana Library 7 April, 10.30am: Kids Yoga, iron out all those knots from too much sitting at your school desk all term with this specialised yoga session for young bodies.
- Nambour Library 7 April, 10am: Local Indigenous artist and storyteller Peter Mulcahy entertains children with his enchanting tales and musical accompaniment.
- Noosa Library 8 April, 10am: Launch of the stunning new picture book Wild Monkey Girl by emerging Sunshine Coast author Marilyn Campbell. The event will include a reading by the author and a chance for kids to make a work of art based on the “monkey girl” theme.
- Various Libraries 10 to 24 April: MMX youth art exhibition.
Galleries and Art Spaces
- The Butter Factory 6 and 8 April, 9.30am: To the Heart Beat focuses on rhythmic music and movement with percussion instruments.
- Caloundra Regional Art Gallery 7 April 10.30am-2.30pm: Easter Artschool
- Caloundra Regional Art Gallery 3 April 10.30am-2.30pm: Kids Club Art Zone
Other Council Venues
- Lake Kawana Community Centre 7 April, 10am: Goldilocks Rocks
- · April 2 Good Friday, all council offices and libraries closed
- 1 April 3 Easter Sunday, all council libraries closed
- 2 April 5 Easter Monday, all council offices and libraries closed.
For more information on these and other council events visit the What’s On section of council’s website.