- Friday 13 May 2011
Are you a not-for-profit community sporting group that could harness the use of the Parklakes Sports Complex – Bli Bli to achieve outstanding community and social outcomes in an environmentally sustainable manner?
Sunshine Coast Council is inviting registrations of interest from eligible not-for-profit community sporting organisations to determine the preferred user/s for the Parklakes Sports Complex – Bli Bli. Registrations of interest must be received by 5pm Tuesday 21 June 2011.
Division 9 Councillor Vivien Griffin said this was an exciting opportunity for one or more local Sunshine Coast not-for-profit organisations to utilise this wonderful sporting asset to its best advantage to benefit members of the community.
"This unique opportunity will provide the selected community sporting group or groups the ability to enjoy this four hectare site and all that it comprises," she said.
"The complex features three full-sized fields, including a multi-use oval, a clubhouse, community room, car park, children’s play area and more.
"The sporting facilities could be used for a real variety of different community sporting activities. We look forward to seeing this community sports complex used to best service the sporting and active recreational needs of the community."
The site is around four hectares in size and is expected to include the following facilities:
- three full-sized rectangular fields including one multi-use oval;
- clubhouse incorporating change rooms, community meeting room (around 160m2 in size), maintenance room and store, canteen, cold room, small kitchen, two officials’ change rooms, first aid room and storage. The clubhouse is expected to be completed by the end of 2011;
- 50 sealed car spaces with 50 spaces provided in an overflow area (unsealed);
- children’s play area consisting of turf and soft fall areas incorporating playground equipment;
- field irrigation system connected to bore water;
- Note - fields are for daytime use only. Although ground conduits are in place, council gives no undertaking that field lighting will be provided at a future time.
Registrations of interest must be submitted via council template documents which are available from the Contract Administrator.
To register your interest or to obtain additional information please contact the Contract Administrator.
Registrations of interest must be received by 5pm, 21 June 2011