- Thursday 21 March 2013
Sunshine Coast Council invites the community to attend a free Grandparents and Family Law information session at Maroochydore Library on Thursday 28 March 2013.
Presented by Suncoast Community Legal Service the information session will explore the best interests of children in family law matters and what this means for grandparents. Topics include:
- ‘Best interest’ and the Family Law Act parenting principles as they apply to grandparents
- Seeking parenting orders as ’functional parents’
- Compulsory Family Dispute Resolution process and consent orders
- Capacity to provide for the needs of the child
- Child support, welfare payments and other issues
- Eligibility for Legal Aid.
To book or for further information visit council’s library website or call 1300 LIBRARY.