- Thursday 15 April 2010
Whether you’re stressed to the eyeballs or battling the post-baby blues, Sunshine Coast Libraries are offering a series of free workshops that will help you with deal with everyday health concerns.
The first workshop, Stress: Is it me or is it them? will kick off this Thursday at Maroochydore Library at 2.30pm. The workshop will give participants ways to balance demands that arise from hectic modern life.
It is the first in a series of free public workshops, Healthy Today, Here Tomorrow, running at Beerwah, Kawana, Nambour and Maroochydore libraries until 31 May.
Together with Sunshine Coast Division of General Practice and Focus Health and Therapy, the workshops use qualified presenters to outline ways to combat common health concerns.
Free workshops on offer include:
- Baby Blues: Post Natal Depression
- Anxiety, Booze and Other Drugs
- Nutrition: Eating Healthier and Living Longer
- Men’s Health: A Bloke’s Check-up
- Raising Teenagers and Staying Sane
- Type 2 Diabetes: Have you got it? Will you get it? Find out what you can do to avoid Type 2 diabetes
- Kids, alcohol and other drugs: Responding effectively
- From Burnout to balance
Make a positive step towards improving your health and wellbeing by booking for a workshop today. Bookings can be made by phoning the libraries directly on:
Beerwah Library: 5494 0221
Kawana Library: 5444 8022
Maroochydore Library: 5475 9800
Nambour Library: 5441 8332.
For a full list of workshops, their locations and to download a program, visit the library Website.