- Thursday 23 June 2016
Delivered by Josh Tarrant, Museum Development Officer (South East Queensland), the workshops will be a lively combination of informative presentation, thought-provoking discussions and practical hands-on activities.
Exhibition Development and Label Making Workshop
Workshop Day One Program: Thursday, June 30
Day one will include the following professional development topics:
- Basic exhibition components and structure
- Understanding and identifying audiences
- Developing narrative
- Writing labels and didactic panels
- Object and image selection
- Design and presentation.
Day two will be a practical session covering production techniques using readily available and affordable materials. Materials and equipment will be supplied.
Bookings are essential as morning tea and lunch will be provided. Materials and equipment will be used during the workshop, and attending organisations from the Sunshine Coast Council region will have a “take home” kit.
The two-day workshop is funded by the Cultural Heritage Levy. The levy aims to:
- Protect cultural places such as buildings and other significant sites
- Raise people’s awareness of the value of local heritage
- Celebrate the cultural heritage of the Sunshine Coast.