- Monday 15 February 2016
A new round of free cycling workshops will be held across the Sunshine Coast from this month to encourage more residents to enjoy fun and fitness on two wheels.
Sign up now to book your spot.
The Start Cycling, Stay Cycling series is run by accredited instructors and includes:
- Basic Cycling Skills for Female Riders, which teaches handling and technique such as gearing, cornering, road rules and etiquette
- Recreational Pathway Rides, which teaches pathway etiquette
- Family Cycle Skills, which is suitable for the whole family (aged 5+) and helps build skills and confidence.
Previous participant Leah Dillon recommends the women’s workshop.
“It was a great opportunity to relearn basic skills and build my confidence,” Ms Dillon said.
“The instructors were very helpful and my initial nerves disappeared quickly – I was a bit shaky to start with, but by the end I was changing gears with no problem and had a great time.
“I hadn’t cycled for years but the workshop prompted me to get back on my bike and now I’ll often go for a ride on the weekend with friends or my husband.”
Why sign up?
- Research shows that cycling skills workshops are proven to improve your awareness and confidence, which help prevent accidents and injuries.*
- The Sunshine Coast has many hidden cycling trails, which often have great views – the recreational ride workshops will show you where some of them are.
- Cycling has many health benefits and is a rewarding, fun and cheap way to get from A to B (which also helps the environment).
Participants are asked to bring their own bike.