- Wednesday 07 September 2011
Local community organisations will have more opportunities to kick major goals thanks to Sunshine Coast Council’s Community Partnership Funding and Sports Field Maintenance Programs.
One hundred and twenty seven local groups and organisations will receive a total of $1,131,190 in funding from council over the next three years under the Community Partnership Funding Program. Forty seven local sporting clubs will also receive a total of $564,330 under the new Sports Field Maintenance Funding Program.
Division 10 Councillor Paul Tatton said the Community Partnership Funding Program offered up to three years funding towards operational expenses of local groups, clubs and organisations.
"It’s open to incorporated community organisations that make a significant contribution to the Sunshine Coast Community and it helps these types of groups survive and prosper long term by covering some of their operating costs," he said.
"In addition to the funding, council will work with successful organisations to improve their ability for good governance and sustainable practises."
The following organisations in Division 10 will receive funding under council’s Community Partnership Funding Program for between one and three years:
- Mapleton Community Library - $6,000 (3 years)
- Nambour Community Centre - $8,100 (3 years)
- Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show Society - $10,000 (3 years)
- Nametec Inc - $9,760 (1 year)
- Kenilworth Arts Council Inc - $20,000 (3 years)
- Nambour & District Historical Museum Association Incorporated - $13,000 (3 years)
- Kenilworth and District Historical Association Incorporated - $2,750 (3 years)
- Eumundi Chamber of Commerce Inc - $6,000 (3 years)
- Nambour Bowls Club Inc - $4,500 (3 years)
- Nambour Lapidary Club - $2,700 (3 years)
- Nambour Croquet Club – $3,000 (3 years)
- Nambour Oztag Sports Association - $1,500 (3 years)
- Nambour & District Tennis Association - $5,500 (3 years)
- Eumundi & Districts Pony Club Inc - $3,300 (3 years)
The following organisations in Division 10 will receive second year funding under the Community Partnership Funding Program:
- Kenilworth Swimming Pool Association Inc. - $29,490
- Nambour & Maroochy District Band Inc - $3,500
- The Shack Community Centre Incorporated - $5,000
- Kenilworth & District Chamber of Commerce & Citizens Inc - $3,500
Cr Tatton said the new Sports Field Maintenance Funding Program would also provide a significant boost to local clubs.
"Under this program council will cover 70% of the field maintenance costs of sporting clubs that were approved for funding," he said.
"In addition to that, council will also work with these successful clubs to help them develop sound maintenance practises to ensure their fields and facilities are maintained to district competition level."
The following clubs in Division 10 will receive funding for the next three years under the Sports Field Maintenance Funding Program:
- Eumundi Park Recreation And Showground Association Inc - $9,394
- Nambour & Hinterland Australian Football Club - $4,627
- Nambour Rugby Union Football Club Inc - $11,743
- Nambour Rugby League Club Inc - $11,743