- Tuesday 20 January 2015
Grahame Stewart Park is your park and now's your chance to tell council what you’d like to see there.
Division 3 Councillor Peter Cox said all Sunshine Coast residents could have their say between now and 5pm on Friday January 30 on a range of upgrade options proposed for that park which is located on the corner of Ilya Street and Croydon Avenue at Currimundi.
“Grahame Stewart Park is a very popular place for people of all ages and it is regularly used by large numbers of residents from right across our region,” Cr Cox said.
“For this reason I really encourage everyone on the Sunshine Coast who enjoys visiting Grahame Stewart Park to give us your input on the upgrades you think would make this open space even better than it currently is.
“Council has sent feedback forms to residents in the near vicinity of Graeme Stewart Park and for those people living outside that area who don’t receive the form, you can have your say by emailing me your preferred options (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“I will also be available in Grahame Stewart Park on Friday. January 23. from 2.30-4pm with feedback forms and plenty of information about the upgrade options for anyone who would like to provide their input.”
Possible improvement options for the community to consider include:
• Upgrades to existing the playground and associate landscaping
• Expansion of the new playground facilities
• Conversion of the basketball half-court to a multi-court
• All-abilities amenities building to comply with the Disabilities and Discrimination Act
• Additional park furniture – tables, seats, bins, bike racks
• Additional park shelters and picnic settings
• BBQ facilities
• Improvements to landscaped planting areas
• Upgrades to the park’s footpath network
• Upgrades to car parking facilities
• Improved storm water management
The most popular upgrade options identified by the community will be considered for design and construction next financial year to the value of about $80,000.
Council will consider implementing a staged construction program for the remaining elements over the ensuing financial years depending on future budget commitments.
Grahame Stewart Park is designated as a ‘District’ recreation park. This means it provides more diverse opportunities for recreation experiences and encourages longer stays for a diverse range of users.