- Friday 12 June 2009
What: Homegrown music festival
When: Saturday 20 June, 10am to 10pm
Where: Alexandra Headland Skate Park
Live bands, hot skateboarding and a fresh wave of youth expression will hit the shores of Alexandra Headland for the free Homegrown youth festival on Saturday 20 June.
Homegrown is part of the Sunshine Coast Council’s Underground Film Festival For Youth (SCRUFFFY) and is supported by Lifeline.
It will deliver 12 of the Sunshine Coast’s and Brisbane’s hottest bands, a skateboarding competition, music workshops, martial arts demonstrations and short film screenings.
Homegrown will kick on from 10am to 10pm at Alexandra Headland Skate Park and include:
- Bands and artists including Drawcard, The Vagrant City Scandal, This Collision, The Blood Poets, Aces High, Panda! Panda! Panda! and more
- Sauce skateboarding competition, supported by Skate Sauce skateboarding shop, with cash giveaways and prizes
- SCRUFFFY “Xtreme shorts” film competition screenings
- Q Music “Introduction to the music industry” workshops
- Martial arts demonstrations
The festival will also feature screenings of short films from this year’s SCRUFFFY film competition from some of the country’s hottest young filmmakers.
Check out www.myspace.com/homegrownfestival2009 for more information.