- Friday 03 June 2011
June contains a few public holidays and this will affect some council venues and services.
While not an exhaustive list, here are some changes to the regular operations of council throughout the region.
Libraries and Galleries
For the Caloundra Show holiday on Friday 3 June the Caloundra, Kawana, Beerwah and Maleny libraries will be closed, along with the Mobile Library South and the Caloundra Regional Gallery.All libraries will be closed for the Queen's birthday public holiday on Monday 13 June 2011.
Libraries will be closed at Maroochydore, Nambour, Coolum and Kenilworth for the Sunshine Coast Show holiday on Friday 17 June and the Mobile Library Central will not be running.
Council’s Customer Contact Centre will be closed for the Queen’s birthday public holiday. For emergencies, council’s general phone number (5475 7272) will divert to an after-hours service provider. There is no need to dial a different number. This is only for emergencies relating to council activities and services.
The Caloundra Customer Service Counter will be closed for the Caloundra Show holiday.
The Nambour and Maroochydore Customer Service Counters will be closed for the Sunshine Coast Show holiday.
The Noosa and Tanawha pounds will be closed on the Queen’s birthday holiday but are open normal operating hours for the other June holidays.
Don’t worry about your rubbish not being collected if your set day falls on a holiday. Waste services and facilities will operate without change.
Council’s aquatic centres will be open for all of the public holidays in June but will have reduced operating hours.
Reduced public holiday hours will apply to:
- all aquatic centres for the Queen’s birthday holiday;
- Beerwah Aquatic Centre, Caloundra Aquatic Lifestyle Centre and Kawana Aquatic Centre on the Caloundra Show holiday;
- Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre, Buderim Aquatic Centre, Palmwoods Aquatic Centre, Nambour Aquatic Centre, Coolum Aquatic Centre and Eumundi Aquatic Centre on the Sunshine Coast Show holiday.
Make sure you check with your local pool for their revised open and close times and any changes to aquatic squads or programs.
Don’t forget as council’s lap pools are heated to at least 26 degrees, you can still visit your local pool and keep active this winter.
Visitor Information Centres
All of council‘s Visitor Information Centres will be open normal operating hours throughout the month of June.
Have an extra day off? While it may be winter, it’s not hard to warm up around these parts. Why not take time out by hitting the surf.
Council lifeguards will be on patrol seven days a week at major locations from Noosa to Golden Beach beginning May to September from 7.30am to 4.30pm. A map of all patrolled beaches is available on council’s website.
Beaches patrolled include: Noosa, Sunshine, Peregian, Coolum, Hyatt Coolum, Mudjimba, Twin Waters, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Mooloolaba, Mooloolaba Spit, Dickies and Kings. For the June to July school holidays from 25 June to 10 July Buddina (Kawana) beach will also be patrolled.
Other council venues
- The Caloundra Transit Centre will be closed for the Caloundra Show holiday and Queen’s birthday.
- The Lake Kawana Community Centre will be closed this Friday 3 June for the Caloundra Show public holiday.
- The Caloundra Indoor Stadium will be closed for the Caloundra Show public holiday and the Queen’s birthday holiday.
- The Noosa Leisure Centre will be closed for the Queen’s birthday holiday.
Gympie Music Muster – Road Closure
Please be aware that Amamoor Road is still closed due to heavy flooding and no access will be granted to the Muster site at this time. For more up to date information please contact Gympie Regional Council