- Saturday 17 September 2011
Cultural heritage groups across the Sunshine Coast are celebrating a funding boost thanks to Sunshine Coast Council’sCommunity Partnership Funding Program.
Cultural Heritage and Social Policy Portfolio Councillor, Anna Grosskreutz said that this is the first year funding has been offered under the Cultural Heritage category with funding from the Cultural Heritage Levy.
"This process ensures that the Cultural Heritage Levy is supporting the volunteer groups within our community dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the region's cultural heritage," Cr Grosskreutz said.
Recipients of the Cultural Heritage funding include;
- Buderim Historical Society $7,180
- Cooroora Historical Society Incorporated trading as Noosa Museum $5,800
- Cooroy-Noosa Genealogical & Historical Research Group $2,000
- Friends of Bankfoot House $1,361
- Kenilworth and District Historical Association $2,750
- Landsborough and District Historical Society $8,000
- Nambour & District Historical Museum Association $13,000
- Friends of the Caloundra Lighthouses $4,300
Groups receive funding for between one and three years to assist with specific projects or for operational expenses.?
"The grants are open to incorporated community organisations that make a significant contribution to the preservation of cultural heritage across the region," Cr Grosskreutz said.
"Council acknowledges that community groups and volunteers make important and positive contributions to our communities.
"Council’s Community Partnership Funding Program aims to work together with community groups to develop strong relationships and help build their capacity with regard to good governance.
"Financial assistance helps to ensure the long term success of these community groups."