- Wednesday 12 September 2012
Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson has welcomed another milestone at one of the region’s biggest developments.
The Mayor said the naming of the central Kawana region as Oceanside Kawana by developer Stockland is another step forward for the project.
"This project will generate tens of thousands of jobs in the health and construction industries - helping to make our economy stronger and more sustainable," he said.
"Work on the private hospital is well underway and I look forward to the first sod being turned on the public hospital site.
"These sorts of developments create confidence in the future of our region and help potential investors to commit to the Sunshine Coast."
Council’s also been playing its part to encourage local business and investment, including:
- Scrapping pre-lodgement fees for discussions on possible development applications
- Reducing application fees by 5% for all Commercial, Business and Industrial land uses
- Reducing application fees for 7 selected land use types by 25% by means of a fee rebate when the use commences within 2 years
- Boosting funding for economic development initiatives
- A capital works program of $146 million of which a substantial part will available for local businesses to tender for
- Hosting a Business Leaders Round Table
- Hosting information sessions to help local businesses to tender for work on the Sunshine Coast University Hospital