- Wednesday 24 June 2015
The annual Sunshine Coast Business Awards (SCBA) that celebrate the efforts and achievements of the Sunshine Coast business community will be officially launched tonight at Novotel Twin Waters Resort.
The awards, supported by Sunshine Coast Council as a platinum sponsor, are designed to recognise the efforts and achievements of businesses across the Sunshine Coast who shine in their industry.
Businesses and individuals are encouraged to nominate a business or person that they believe excels at what they do or to self-nominate.
The 2015 Awards program is an exciting mix of awards which represents the way business is conducted in the region including business sector awards, tourism sector awards, major awards for key aspects of business performance, an overall business of the year, individual awards and the prestigious Hall of Fame.
Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson encouraged the region's residents to support businesses that go above and beyond by nominating them in this years awards.
“We all know and deal with some outstanding businesses on our Sunshine Coast," Mayor Jamieson said.
"I’d encourage our residents to ensure their favourite businesses are nominated for the 21st anniversary of the Sunshine Coast Business Awards so they get the chance to earn the extra public recognition they deserve.
"As Mayor, and representing the Council as a platinum partner, it’s very heartening that the awards now consistently receive well over 300 nominations per annum from across the region.
"We are seeing more nominees each year, particularly beyond the central zone of the Coast."
Chair of the SCBA Ross Hepworth said a range of new awards had been introduced in 2015 to ensure all business sectors from the Sunshine Coast can be recognised for their excellence.
“In 2015, we will again build the profile of the awards program to a high level of prestige with a number of new and exciting awards for business to win," Mr Hepworth said.
"There will be a strong focus on winners being great business ambassadors for our region and being recognised as such beyond the awards."
Online nominations open midnight tonight for all businesses that have been operating on the Sunshine Coast for 12 months or more. Entry is free.
SCBA 2015 fast facts:
- SCBA is open to all Sunshine Coast (including the Noosa Shire) businesses that have been operating for 12 months or more.
- The SCBA nomination process takes seconds. Businesses can self-nominate or nominate a business of their choice at www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au or by calling 5443 5661
- The award categories can be found at www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au and include Agribusiness; Building & Manufacturing (including Clean Tech & Aviation Manufacturers); Creative Industries; Education & Training; Food & Beverage; Health & Wellbeing; Not for Profit; Professional Services (Knowledge Workers & Small Business – including Clean Tech and Aviation); Professional Services (Large Businesses & Consultancies); Retail (including Clean Tech & Aviation); Technology (Including Clean Tech & Aviation); Accommodation over 10 rooms; Accommodation up to 10 rooms; Attractions; Festivals & Events; Tours; Collaboration; Customer Service & Engagement; Export; Innovation; Living Smart Service & Product; Social Responsibility; Sustainability; Employee of the Year; Business Manager of the Year; Leadership; Business of the Year.
- In 2014, SCBA attracted more than 400 nominations. The process culminates in a presentation ceremony with over 600 guests in attendance.
- Nominations open: June 24
- Enter online: www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au or call 5443 5661
- Entries close: September 21
- Winners announced: November 7 at the SCBA Gala Ceremony Novotel Twin Waters Resort