- Wednesday 19 May 2010
Federal Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government will be on hand to officially open the new $4.95 million Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting service (ARFF) fire station at Sunshine Coast Airport.
Media are invited to the attend the opening at the new fire station tomorrow, Thursday 20 May at 2pm. Access is via Gate 21, Fourth Avenue, Marcoola.
The new facility includes two vehicle bays to accommodate the ultra large airport fire vehicles, a purpose-built storage area to house the ARFF water rescue craft, fuel and foam storage facilities, a mechanical workshop and associated wash-down area, and purpose designed and specified working and operational areas for staff.
The official opening will be attended by:
- The Hon Anthony Albanese MP, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
- Greg Russell, CEO, AirServices Australia
- AirServices Australia general managers
- Andrew Rushbrook, Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting Service,
- Alistair Hodgson, Technical and Assets
- Richard Dudley, Corporate Affairs
- Councillor Debbie Blumel, Chair – Major Projects Portfolio and Division 8 Councillor
- Peter Pallot, Sunshine Coast Airport General Manager.
All will be available for interviews.