- Wednesday 21 September 2011
Christmas is fast approaching and a gift is on the way for youngsters at Quota Park in Nambour.
Sunshine Coast Council has started work on the finishing stages of an upgrade to the Quota Park playground. Division 10 Councillor Paul Tatton said the works would include landscaping and paving.
"Some aging timber work, plant stock and concrete drains will be removed and replaced with new concrete pads, garden beds and plants," he said.
"New park furniture, timber steps, softfall materials and turf and drainage will also be added to the park."
A summary of the works includes:
- Filling and piping of open rock drain on north-east side of footbridge;
- Rockwork to stabilise open drain on south-west side of footbridge;
- Re-grading to provide even and continuous grassed area;
- Demolition of existing ramps to play tower and replacement with new timber staircase;
- Two small concrete pathways;
- Feature concrete pavement to stabilise sculpture boat and mosaic area;
- Park benches and one feature circular seat to new fig tree;
- Low-height planting beds; and
- Shade trees
Cr Tatton said the works were expected to be completed by December 30.
"Another stage of works is set to begin on 3 October and this will include the installation of some very exciting equipment to the children’s playground," he said.
"Sandstone block seating, shade trees, softfall materials and eco signs will also be installed and completion of this stage is expected on 10 November."