- Wednesday 12 October 2011
The last 12 months have been particularly tough on local roads due largely to the deluge of rain that caused a great deal of damage.
Help is on the way however in the form of Sunshine Coast Council’s $14.5 million Reseal & Rehabilitation Program for 2011/12. Division 10 Councillor Paul Tatton said nearly $1 million would be spent rehabilitating local roads in Nambour and surrounding towns.
"The massive amount of rain that fell during the December / January period really took its toll on council’s 3100km road network," he said.
"Council is now committed to getting on with the job of repairing our road network as best we can through this rehabilitation and re-seal program."
A total of $999,671 will be spent rehabilitating sections of the following roads in Division 10:
- Coolabine Road, Kenilworth - $151,897
- Dulong Road, Dulong - $193,616
- Moy Pocket Road, Gheerulla - $153,825
- Post Office Road, Mapleton - $27,418
- Stevens Street, Yandina - $52,303
- Gold Creek Road, North Arm - $156,002
- Monak Road, North Arm - $16,635
- Low Street, Eumundi - $17,500
- Sale Street, Eumundi - $10,220
- Valley View Street, Burnside - $14,756
- Donaldson Road, Nambour - $100,000
- Image Flat Road, Nambour - $93,795
- Raylee Avenue, Nambour - $9,184
- Gull Place, Nambour - $2,520
Work is now underway and a substantial amount is expected to be complete by Christmas, weather permitting.