- Saturday 03 December 2011
Sunshine Coast Council presents a stunning exhibition from two local artists at Caloundra Regional Gallery from Wednesday 7 December 2011 to Sunday 15 January 2012.
Serenity is… Margi Parry’s from work is a collection based on moments of serenity. Each work recalls a past memory, captures the present or anticipates the future, while savouring the insight of each serene moment.
Margi Parry’s from work is a collection based on moments of serenity. Each work recalls a past memory, captures the present or anticipates the future, while savouring the insight of each serene moment.
My Morning Ritual is a collection of works from Nicola Chatham. Nicola takes her physical and emotional experience of the natural environment and personal relationships then translates them into a beautiful visual and literary record of day-to-day self-examination.
The official opening features special guest speaker Sam Di Mauro, Senior Lecturer in Design at Griffith University. The opening is open to the public on Thursday 8 December from 6pm at Caloundra Regional Gallery.
- A Perfect Blend, Coffee & Art on Thursday 8 December from 10.30am with artists Margi Parry and Nicola Chatham. Enjoy a relaxed social gathering with the gallery’s friends and volunteers, visitors welcome at this free event.
- Summer ArtScool has children’s art workshops with facilitator Cheryl Nonmus, $15 per workshop, bookings are essential. Wednesday 14 December, 11am to 12 noon for 5 to 8 year olds and 12.30pm to 2pm for 9 to 12 year olds. Friday 16 December, 11am to 12noon for 5 to 8 year olds and 12.30pm to 2pm for 9 to 12 year olds.
- Graphite Drawing Workshop with Margi Parry on Tuesday 13 December from 10am to 3pm, $35 per person, bookings essential.
- Kids Club is on Saturday 3 December from 10am to 12 noon and includes free children’s art activities.
- Drawing Life for Kids has an exciting range of interrelated drawing activities designed to stimulate children's imaginations. This free event is on Saturday 14 January from 10.0am to 2.30pm.
For more information and bookings phone 07 5420 8299.