- Thursday 05 December 2013
Local kids are invited to zinc up and head to Caloundra Regional Gallery for some really cool summer holiday fun on Saturday 7 December 2013.
Parents can reminisce about their childhood and enjoy a delicious ice-cream from the Classic Mr Whippy Ice-cream van. So kids come along from 10am to 2pm with your beach towel and cushion to get in the mood for the following creative fun:
- Design your own surf board (foam model with coloured signage contact)
- Sand play (sand trays and scoops)
- Coloured sand artworks (cardboard, glue and dyed sand)
- Surf design stencils
- Caloundra Surf School demonstration classes: 11.30am and 1.30pm.
When you are done designing your masterpieces, stay on for a special screening of the classic animated G-rated film Surfs Up from 2pm to 3.30pm.
The cost is just $3 per child which can be paid on arrival and no bookings are required. Tickets include a classic Mr Whippy Ice-cream, all creative activities and movie screening.
Visit council’s gallery website or call the gallery on 5420 8299 for further information. The Caloundra Regional Gallery is free to the public and open, Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.