- Wednesday 29 December 2010
The countdown is on, with Mooloolaba set to party on Friday 31 December 2010 when Sunshine Coast Council proudly presents New Year’s Eve on the Esplanade – an alcohol, glass and drug free event with fun and entertainment for all ages.
The celebrations will take place in a safe, patrolled and fenced event zone with live music, children’s activities, roving street entertainment, buskers and food stalls.
There will be plenty of live entertainment, with local and national artists performing on two stages throughout the evening.
Division 4 Councillor Chris Thompson said the great line-up of entertainment would suit all ages and tastes, and it would be staged in a safe family-friendly and alcohol-free environment.
“With the focus on everyone having a good time in a fun and safe environment, all the pieces are now in place for this to be one unforgettable beach party,” he said.
Two brilliant displays of fireworks will occur at 8.30pm and midnight, and this year’s line-up of quality entertainment includes:
Roving and Street Entertainment from 4pm along the entire Mooloolaba precinct.
Children’s Activities & Amusements from 4pm located on the ‘Loo with a View’ platform, the Beach Terrace car park and Southern Esplanade car park which will include Face Painting and the Sand Wizard.
Food Vendors will be located in the middle of the lower car park on Beach Terrace and in the Southern car park of the Mooloolaba Esplanade
The music artist line up for this year’s event includes the following:
- Late for Woodstock kicking off the live music entertainment on the main stage from 5.45pm with their repertoire attracting music lovers of all ages, with styles that range from soft ballads to mainstream rock to the earliest heavy metal
- The Floating Bridges, a local roots and blues band with earth-driven sounds
- Mental as Anything ready to pump up the crowd with their classic rock ballads and really get the party started from 9pm
- Josh Pyke is the headline act for 2010, and will perform at 10.45pm leading into the spectacular fireworks displays at midnight
- The Marsden Lee’s, a Sunshine Coast-based indie rock trio with energetic, original melodies and diverse vocals
- The Greenroom, a funky Sunshine Coast four-piece band who create a unique yet distinctive sound, infusing a massive reggae influence with surf rock undertones
- TroubleKarmaFlow, a four-piece roots band that provide a distinct blend of music with a dash of folk, a splash of blues & a whole lot of funk and groove.
New Year’s Eve Mooloolaba is proudly sponsored by Hot 91.1FM, Seven Queensland, Sunshine Coast Daily and LED Design.
For further event details, plus updates on weather impacts, please visit the official website at www.mooloolabanye.com.