- Thursday 08 April 2010
Before council starts to draft the new Sunshine Coast planning scheme, it will visit local areas between 12 April and 4 May to learn more from residents about how they would like their town, suburb or village to look in the future.
Residents are invited to have a say at a roadshow display, by filling out a form online or sending their comments to council.
Statutory and Regional Planning portfolio holder councillor Russell Green invites the community to tell council what they think about development in their area by getting involved in this second round of consultation.
“The Statement of Proposals, which was out for public comment during the Our Place Our Future consultation program last year, was the first opportunity to have a say on the overall direction for the new Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme,” Cr Green said.
“The feedback from this first round of consultation identified a need for council to collect more detailed information from the community before it starts to draft the new scheme.
“Round two of consultation gets down to the details.
“At the displays, council is keen to hear what people like and dislike about development in their area, what they want to stay the same and what they would like see changed—plus any other ideas the community has for their place in the future.
“And if you can’t get down to a display you can still submit your feedback via mail or email.
“Council will use this feedback, along with the feedback received on the Statement of Proposals to draft the detail of the new scheme.
“The draft version of the new planning scheme will be ready in mid to late 2011, when council will call on the Sunshine Coast community to have their say and help to shape the Coast into the future.
“Creating the first planning scheme for the entire region is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I encourage people to stay involved every step of the way.”
- Sat 17 April, 9 to 11am, outside Friendly Grocer, 13 Elizabeth St, Kenilworth
- Sat 17 April, 9 to 11am, outside IGA, 2 Stevens St, Yandina
- Sat 17 April, 9 to 11am, outside IGA, David Low Way, Bli Bli
- Sun 18 April, 7 to 9am, Felicity Park, Omrah Ave, Caloundra
- Mon 19 April, 12 to 2pm, outside newsagency, 107 Poinciana Ave, Tewantin
- Mon 19 April, 4 to 6pm, outside Coles, Noosa Fair, Lanyana Way, Noosa Junction
- Tues 20 April, 12 to 2pm, outside Kawana Library, Nanyima St, Buddina
- Tues 20 April, 4 to 6pm, outside Bi-Lo, David Low Way, Pacific Paradise
- Wed 21 April, 7 to 9am, opposite post office, 71 Memorial Drv Eumundi
- Thurs 22 April, 12 to 2pm, outside IGA, 32 Flaxton Drv, Mapleton
- Thurs 22 April, 4 to 6pm, new town square, Lowe St, Nambour
- Thurs 22 April, 4 to 6pm, outside Woolworths, South Coolum Rd, Coolum
- Fri 23 April, 12 to 2pm, outside IGA, 7 Main St, Palmwoods
- Fri 23 April, 4 to 6pm, outside IGA, 4 Jones St, Mooloolah
- Sat 24 April, 9 to 11am, opposite Joli Good Grocery, Main St, Kin Kin
- Sat 24 April, 12 to 2pm, outside IGA, 3 Emerald St, Cooroy
- Sat 24 April, 12 to 2pm, outside IGA, 14 Memorial Ave, Pomona
- Tues 27 April, 12 to 2pm, near Rebel Sport, Horton Pde and CornmealCreek intersection, Maroochydore
- Wed 28 April, 12 to 2pm, outside Woolworths, 271 Peachester Rd, Beerwah
- Wed 28 April, 4 to 6pm, outside Glass House Mountains Visitor Information Centre, Cnr Reed St & Bruce Pde Mountains, Glass House Mountains
- Thurs 29 April, 12 to 2pm, outside Buderim War Memorial Community Association Hall, Burnett St, Buderim
- Thurs 29 April, 4 to 6pm, outside Woolworths, University Way, Chancellor Park
- Fri 30 April, 12 to 2pm, outside IGA, 26 Maple St, Maleny
- Sat 1 May, 12 to 2pm, Currimundi Market Place, Cnr Nicklin Way & Bellara Drv, Currimundi
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au for more information on how to get involved.